MCPCB-XML-16NOC-RD Copper MCPCB for XML/XHP50
- Wide heavy copper traces, 3Oz(70micron)
- Configuration: Single Led
- Easy wire connection, only 2 leads
- Gold plated pads and copper core
Direct Thermal Path : Dielectric under the thermal pad of LED
The MCPCB-XML-16NOC-RD module requires careful attention to mounting and cooling to ensure that the junction temperature of the LED is kept well below the maximum rating as specified in the LED documentation published by Led Manufacturers
For optimal cooling, we recommend that the module be mounted to a suitable finned heat sink (aluminium or copper) that is exposed to open air. The module can be mounted to a heat sink in various ways
- 16mm pressure sensitive, thermally conductive tape (Recommended)
- Arctic Alumina thermally conductive adhesive
- Thermal Compound: Requires the use of mechanical fasteners
Before fastening the module to the heat sink, ensure that the two mating surfaces are perfectly flat and clean in order to maximise heat transfer to the the sink.
The bottom of the LED MCPCB is electrically neutral, so it is not necessary to electrically isolate the base from the cooling surface.
Please note the use of Thermal Adhesives makes the PCB unlikely to be removed for servicing. Please consider this if removal of the board is desired as another TIM may be a better choice.
Optics Support: The board can accept Ledil, Carclo, Khatod, Ledlink etc for 10,14,16,20mm Optics. Optics need to be adhered to PCB with adhesive
* some holders may require modifications to allow wire access to the PCB, Cutter assumes no responsibility for holder modifications
|PCB Technology||Direct Thermal Path Copper|
|PCB type||16 mm Round PCB|
|PCB Size||16mm x 1.75mm|
|Base Metal type||Copper|
|Direct Thermal Path||YES|
|Thermal Conductivity||390.0 W/m.K|
|Glass Transition Temp.||170 degree Celsius|
|Compatible LED||XML, XML-2, XHP50, XHP50.2|