What is Sol-Skin?
We set out to take all the accumulated data on grow systems and develop a professional DIY product that meets some key characteristics
Control of the spectrum,
Balanced current load
Market leading LED Efficacy
The boards fully loaded are only 6.70mm high, add a 1mm alum plate as a basic thermal bed and we are at less than 8mm. this off course does not account for driver placement on a 1mm alum plate so if you’re not remote mounting that will affect your profile, however the intent with the low profile is to make it perfect for height restricted grows like small tents or tray systems for microgreens etc.
Spectral Control 3 Channels:
The boards can be configured with any range of led’s in the 3030 footprint (channels 1 and 2), so typically 2700K to 7000k in any ratio required within the constraints of 2 channels of 3030 footprint. The 3rd channel is the Cree XQE foot print and can be Deep Red, Royal Blue or any colour within the Cree XQE/A footprint as well as the new Cree XD16 Power led. The size of the PCB and quantity of led’s also provides for SRM (Spectral ratio mix) so that we could offer the 3rd channel with 1:2 or 1:4 mix of red/deep red/royal blue.
LED Selection: Total Available 675 Leds
The Solskins use only market leading efficacy from the industry's biggest players.
- Nichia 220LPW 757 series in new V3
- J series 3030 leds from Cree
- XQE Deep red
- XD16 led available in whites from 2700k to 7000k. The S3 Bin in XD16 can deliver up to 385 lumens per led at 1Amp drive, so 99 pcs of XD16 alone can deliver 38000 lumens
PPFD and Spectral Charts
- 3 Channel, 3000k, 4000k 660nm, 1400ma, 12 inches from sensor
- PPFD 1127umoles/m2s, YPFD (400-700nm) 1011 umoles/m2s, YPFD (380-780nm) 1018umoles/m2s
- DLI 97.374mol/m2
- CCT 3041Kelvin, CRI 95