The Cutter-ZGE285-12UVC_B is a 2 Channel 285mm linear Aluminium MCPCB. This version has a nominal forward voltage of 84V if all 12 leds are in series. Each 6 led channel has a forward voltage of 42V. The board has every alternate led on each channel for seamless blending.
The Linear MCPCB is an aluminium board to allow for maximum thermal dissipation. The PCB should not exceed 55 Degree C during normal operation. The board uses four 2065 Wago solderless connectors(2 per channel)
For optimal cooling, we recommend that the MCPCB be mounted to a suitable finned heat sink (aluminium or copper) that is exposed to open air. The module can be mounted to a heat sink in various ways
- Linear pressure sensitive, thermally conductive tape (Recommended)
- Arctic Alumina thermally conductive adhesive*
- Thermal Compound: Requires the use of mechanical fasteners
Before fastening the module to the heat sink, ensure that the two mating surfaces are perfectly flat and clean in order to maximise heat transfer to the the sink.
The bottom of the LED MCPCB is electrically neutral, so it is not necessary to electrically isolate the base from the cooling surface.
*Please note the use of Thermal Adhesives makes the PCB unlikely to be removed for servicing. Please consider this if removal of the board is desired as another TIM may be a better choice.
- Product Name: Cutter-ZGE285-12UVC_B
- Size 285mm x 20mm x 1.65mm
- MCPCB compatible with various Optics, note ultra violet leds have the capacity to degrade optics so selection of a UV compatible optic is required
* The use of UVB and UVC leds shoud be considered carefully with regards to safety. Never work under these wavelengths when they are on
** Always consider the use of materials near a UVB/C light source as degradation can occur under prolonged exposure, so choice of materials should be considered with respect to their UV resistance
Typical Applications for UVB/C 280-310nm
- UV Curing of inks, glues
- Insect control
- Power Dissipation: 12.5 Watts photonic
- Electrical Power: 37.8 watts per 6 led channel
- Photonic Power: 250mw
- Max Drive Current: .15Amp/Led(900ma per series channel)
- Beam Angle Primary Lens: 120 degree
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 85 Degree C
The typical recommendation for coverage of UV is 1 watt per foot. These are point source LEDs so .5 watt per square foot is recommended